dark site finder to locate dark skies and avoid light pollution of the night sky. Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky is offered by Photographer's Arsenal. Last Updated: December 03, 2016. Current Version: 2.2.1
• High resolution, accurate data.
• Uses your device’s GPS to find nearby dark locations.
• Search for new locations anywhere.
• View cloud cover overlay on map to find clear skies. (pro version only*)
• Save your favorite locations. (pro version only*)
• 9 Levels of zoom for free version, 14 levels of zoom for pro version.
• Adjust opacity of the map.
• 90% coverage of the entire world.
• Navigate to your saved locations using Google Maps. (pro version only*)
• Moon information such as moon phase, moon rise, and moon set times.
• Enable a horizon safe radius circle to avoid light pollution from nearby cities on the map.
Light Pollution Map is the work of more than 1,000 combined hours of mapping the globe for the most accurate light pollution data available, anywhere. Better than free solutions found online, and conveniently installed on your Android device integrated with Google Maps and GPS technology.
In the newest version you will find features not found on any other light pollution map – the option to toggle a cloud cover overlay (pro version only*) which allows you to find the clearest skies at night, and a feature that allows you to place a horizon safe radius circle on the map to avoid light pollution on the horizon from nearby cities.
The map automatically locates you via GPS, and you can find locations with an easy search. Or just look around the map! It’s easy to save your favorite dark sites, just push and hold a spot on the map and click the save button. Is the light pollution map overlay too much? You can adjust the opacity to your liking! The map also features an easy to use legend, so you can be sure you are getting the darkest skies possible for star gazing or night time photography. Note: Legend only matches colors on 100% opacity setting.
“Light Pollution Map has really helped me to find the darkest locations in my region for night time photography. It’s quick and simple to find and save the locations, and the accuracy is better than any other dark site finder I’ve found. Without it, I would never be able to capture such amazing images of the milky way.” – Gregory A. Dunbar, EarthThroughTheLens.com
Also included is information on the Moon, such as the Moon’s phase, moonrise time, and moonset time! And guess what? That moon information is not only good for the current day, but any day in the future!
Note: Light Pollution Map loads data online. Internet connection or wifi is required, and we are not responsible for any data usage chargers from your provider.
* Pro version can be purchased in-app for a one time fee of $7.99 USD. Free version is ad-supported, has lower resolution/accuracy, does not have a cloud cover overlay feature, and does not allow you to save your favorite locations. Free version also has limited zoom levels. Upgrade to the pro version in-app for a very small one-time fee of $7.99 USD to remove ads and unlock all pro features.
* New icon per user suggestion to see easier on dark background.
* Pro version now on sale for only $6.99 USD.
* Minor text fixes.
Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky 2017
Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky for Android
Download Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky for Android
Download Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky APK for Android
Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky 2.2.1 screenshot
See more information: https://goo.gl/Drv6zg