This is a frame simulator app for digital photo and cinema cameras. Magic Universal ViewFinder is offered by Roman Medvid. Last Updated: November 30, 2016. Current Version: 220.127.116.11
>> Hot! << The support for LUTs (‘look up tables’, or color profiles) was added. See color effects in live preview!
• Are you looking for an angle and view in your next shoot?
• Are you creating your next storyboard?
• Are you scouting for a shoot location?
• Do you want to see your next shot framing without your camera in the hands?
This app will give you a full technical preview of the shot, right where you stand with your phone/tablet, simulating any camera or lens that you want.
PLEASE READ: this app does not turn your smartphone into an external monitor.
The app works like a Director’s viewfinder — it helps you see the exact framing of your future shot. Just scroll the wheel to select the focal length of the lens and choose the camera from the menu.
You can try this app in free versions — please pick up Canon / Nikon / Black Magic / ARRI / Red / Sony / Lumix version: play.google.com/store/search?q=roman%20medvid%20viewfinder&c=apps
Supported are formats:
– Canon FF / APS-C (1DC, 5D, 6D, 70D, 760D, etc)
– Canon EOS C100 / C300 / C500
– Nikon FF / APS-C (D4s, DXX0, DXX00)
– 4/3 standard (Panasonic GH4, GH3, AF100)
– Sony Alpha 7 / 77 / 5100 / 6000
– Sony FS100 / 700 / F3 / FS7
– Blackmagic Cinema / Pocket / Micro / Production 4K cameras / URSA series
– Weapon 8K, Scarlet-W, Red Dragon Weapon / Epic / Scarlet / Mysterium-X Epic / Scarlet / Red One
– ARRI Alexa Classic and XT
– Phase One Digital Back (1.3x crop)
– JVC GY-LS300 (super 35mm, super 16mm, MFT)
You may also simulate using optical adapters or anamorphic optics on your camera. As an option you may change the aspect ratio of the frame guide overlaying your image.
If you want to check depth-of-field, press DOF icon and calculate the near and far limits of DOF while changing the aperture and the focus distance.
If you want, you may save the picture you see in your camera for future reference. When ready to capture, you may lock exposure and turn on and off the auto focus to better control the captured picture.
There is a constant middle-speed center-based auto focus engaged to keep your images focused.
Please keep in mind that this app will perform best on the devices oriented for HD or Full HD display. On older and smaller devices this program may perform awkwardly.
Specifically, Calibration is recommended for a precise operation of the app. You can start Calibration process from the menu, the instructions are on the web site.
Please read the description and manual at: dev.kadru.net
– updated UI
– long click the preview to activate continuous AF
– improved UI
– auto focus bug fixed with some devices
– tap-to-focus feature
– small capture image appears on the screen
– new BMD Film (flat) LUT added
– long-tap the main live view to go to Gallery
– bugs fixed
– immersive UI for devices with on-screen buttons
– anamorphic index is saved after you leave the app
– minor bugs fixed
– added support for JVC GY-LS300 camera
Magic Universal ViewFinder 2017
Download Magic Universal ViewFinder for Android
Download Magic Universal ViewFinder APK for Android
Magic Universal ViewFinder 18.104.22.168 screenshot